It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Auditor I is responsible for audit work which involves conducting performance, operational, financial, compliance and IT audit projects. The position provides input in the development of the annual internal audit plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs assigned audits in accordance with written procedures, including: identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence and documenting client processes and procedures; conducting interviews, reviewing documents and preparing work papers; identifying and documenting audit issues and developing recommendations for improvement using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed
- Assists in communicating the results of audit and assigned projects via written reports and oral presentations in a timely manner to management
- Assists in monitoring management's response to any internal or external audit findings and preparation for audit committee meetings
- Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships and shares information gained with management
- Ensures all departmental documents and activities are performed in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures as applicable to this position, including completion of required compliance training.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, general business correspondence and/or journals or government regulations
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial report and/or legal documents
- Ability to write simple correspondence, routine reports and business correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations, to customers, clients and other employees in the organization
Education and/or Experience
- BS/BA Degree or
- 2-4 years of applicable work experience, Accounting or Finance preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity Information: Simmons First National Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of equal employment with respect to a person's race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, covered veterans, military status, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected classifications. Simmons First National Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to Affirmative Action Programs consisting of results-oriented procedures to ensure equal employment opportunities. These programs require positive action in lieu of neutral non-discrimination and merit hiring/performance policies.