Position Summary: As an Operations Manager in this position is primarily responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the crews and equipment in the assigned area including on site employee training necessary to support our customers as well as be in charge with directing the daily operations of a branch.
The Role: The Company needs an operational leader who has strong financial acumen, is comfortable working with customers, and is able to balance the needs of corporate with the requests of the customers and the availability of the local resources. This position is intended to be a working manager role, performing traffic control and operations on the jobsite. This person will oversee branch production, shop activities, customer contact and relations; coordinate activities with estimating departments with respect to capacity, critical path issues, and production plan; and coordinate with accounting with respect to revenue recognition, forecasting, and reporting. This position is responsible for all Branch operations, including; safety, staffing, production, inventory, revenue and earnings.
- Ability to manage crews and equipment in remote locations in order to meet and exceed customer expectations
- Excellent communications skills including ability to directly and professionally interact with municipalities and customers as a representative of RoadSafe, including handling all project notifications to municipalities, knowledge and success with securing permits and general compliance with ordnances and other requirements
- Ability to solve problems quickly and successfully exercise independent judgment and authority
- Develop employee schedules and manage personnel on projects - ensure that paperwork is timely completed.
- Understand the labor needs of the project and schedules and coordinates outside labor needs
- Plan and schedule projects in a cost effective and efficient manner
- Assess abilities of employees and contribute to hiring and firing decisions
- Oversee safety and other compliance aspects of the work being performed, including DOT compliance, safety compliance and other necessary training of employees
- Understand this is a high demand management position and will be subject to being on call 24/7, working evenings, overnights, weekends, and may require extra work days at times to complete projects on time.
- Request purchase of material needs as determined.
- Maintain system of reporting production to accounting for billing purposes.
- Maintain Weekly Revenue Forecast Report on a weekly basis.
- Will be required to travel on an as needed basis.
Key Leadership Competencies
- Leads by example in terms of a strong focus on safety, business ethics, work habits and life balance
- Good communicator, respects subordinates, vendors and customers and earns their respect in return
- Ability to communicate in District level discussions
- Candid team builder/player
- Understands the accountability that is integral to the position -focus on maximizing profit and cash flow
- Ability represent RoadSafe in a professional manner when interacting customers and agencies regarding scheduling, disputes, changes in scope of work, etc.
Knowledge and Skills
- Thorough understanding of state specifications for devices and materials in states where assigned branches are located.
- Industry involvement through trade associations, coalitions with state DOT, or similar.
- Highly experienced in MS Excel and Word
- Computer training will be required for Viewpoint
- Understanding of financial statements including balance sheet and profit & loss statement
Education and Experience
- BS in Construction Management, Engineering or related field, preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years traffic control and safety experience including crew work and industry formal training.
- Minimum of 8 years supervisory or management experience.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
|RoadSafe Traffic Systems ('RoadSafe') is the largest provider of traffic control and pavement marking services in the United States. Our national network of 50 branches supports government, private, special event, utility and railroad projects in over 40 states. Expert knowledge of traffic control and roadway striping coupled with a unique ability to quickly mobilize our extensive fleet, state-of-the art equipment and trained technicians allows RoadSafe to safely provide quality, value, and peace of mind to our customers nationwide. RoadSafe enjoys exclusive contract agreements with some of the United States' biggest industrial companies and contractors. Known for our sophistication and professionalism, RoadSafe is called upon to handle the biggest and best projects in our industry.
At RoadSafe, we offer a competitive pay, growth potential and an excellent benefits package for those who qualify including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) plans. RoadSafe recognizes and values diversity.
|We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.