Job TitleFacility Coordinator
Job Description SummaryThe Facilities Coordinator provides assistance to the facility management team to ensure successful service delivery of the client facility needs. Directly supports the facility management team with on-going facility and team related responsibilities.
*Ensure the day-to-day operations of the facility(s) or campus, including janitorial, life-safety, engineering, site services, and general maintenance are implemented and carried out in a manner consistent with C&W policies and client directives. Ensure all contracts are reviewed on a regular basis and are bid out as required and confirm invoices match contract pricing
* Under the direction of the Sr. Facility Manager, respond promptly to requests for building maintenance, repairs, cleaning needs, etc. from building occupants and for the implementation of ongoing contract programs to address and resolve needs and problems
* Compile information necessary to ensure all site-specific documentation and reports are completed accurately and on time, including (and as applicable): Property Information Book, Site Operating Manual, Emergency Procedures Manual, IIPP Manual, Local Code Compliance Log, ADA Compliance Log, OSHA Log, Safety Meeting Log, Elevator Logs, Janitorial Log, Purchase Order Log, Vendor Certificates of Insurance, As-built Drawings, IIPP Manual, Paid Invoices File, General Files, Contract Files, Annual Property Conditions and Year- end Performance Report and other reports and documentation as required
* Assist in preparing budgets, financial reports (monthly and quarterly), contracts, expenditures and purchase orders related to the facility(s) as directed.
* Prepare and code invoices for facility manager's approval
* Assist in providing information and reports necessary for the development of capital budgets for the facility. This includes contributions towards a five-year plan of maintenance, facility improvement, and cost reduction initiatives
* Proactively inspect the facility, systems, rooms, common areas, etc. and report back any findings or issues to the Facility Manager
* Coordinate special events in support of client and conference room booking.
* Follow protocol for effective building-specific maintenance and safety procedures
* Assist with site inspection within the assigned building portfolio
* Create work orders and assign work orders to the engineering staff, subcontractors, and vendors
* Report on open and closed work orders and check the status of open work orders with the assigned party
* Request, review, and submit work orders.
* Verify final invoice pricing and process payments in a timely manner
* Address client inquiries and concerns ensuring timely and quality issue resolution and service delivery
* Respond to all facility inquiries and complaints, assess problems and take the necessary corrective action
* Coordinate with outside contractors for the service and repairs of equipment
* Communicate frequently with client, landlords, and vendors to resolve issues and provide project status updates
*Provide full administrative support, including phone support, typing, reports, filing and distribution of correspondence
* Ensure office is stocked with office supplies and other required items to maintain the office
* Monitor and maintain the facility maintenance work order system and prepare monthly reports for facilities manager on status of occupant's work orders
* Maintain the facility purchase order system
* Promote and foster positive relationships with occupants and owners and track service calls as required
1. Communication Proficiency (oral and written)
2. Customer Focus
4. Sense of Urgency
6. Detail Oriented
7. Financial Knowledge
8. Time Management Skills
9. Team Orientation
10. Technical Proficiency
11. Problem Solving/Analysis
* Associate's degree or Bachelor's in facilities management, building, business or other related field required
* A minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience, preferably in commercial real estate
* CMMS/Work Order Management experience is preferred
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
* Excellent computer and systems knowledge; Strong literacy in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Strong discipline of financial management including financial tracking, budgeting and forecasting
* Previous customer service experience
* Knowledge of Financial Systems (Yardi a plus)
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with others and exchange accurate information; operate a computer and other office productivity machinery; move about the workplace; remain in a stationary position for 50-75% of the time; and extend hands and arms in any direction.
C&W provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, C&W takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees during employment are treated without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Note: This job description includes the core responsibilities for C&W. These duties may have slight modifications based on the regional location.