It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
The Regional SBA Banker is focused on acquiring, growing, and retaining SBA relationships while cross selling the Bank's other business lines through a focused and structured client focused business development plan. The Regional SBA Banker is also responsible for developing and training Loan Officers and Loan Support Staff in the processes and procedures for application, underwriting, approval, and closing functions of the Small Business Administration throughout the region. In performing these tasks, it is critical to maintain regulatory compliance for all operating procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively manages an existing SBA loan portfolio along with generating SBA loans to meet individual goals and contribute in a team oriented environment to ensure departmental and Bank wide goals are met. Sets and achieves challenging goals without direct supervision and contributes to a positive team spirit.
- Develops and communicates methods, procedures and processes for executing activities of the Small Business Lending Department and other Lending staff regarding the Small Business Administration requirements within the assigned region. .
- Reviews and analyzes complex financial information to determine a borrower's creditworthiness.
- Monitors loan repayment activities, the collection of past due accounts, and credit and collateral deficiencies.
- Provides detailed SBA training for other bankers and lending staff throughout the region footprint.
- Assists in interpreting policies and procedures for Simmons Bank Credit Policy and the Small Business Administration Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) guidelines for eligibility and guaranty preservation.
- Creates SBA reporting mechanisms for management review.
- Adheres to loan policies and procedures with complete documented files to ensure satisfactory reviews from internal and external audits.
- Ensures all departmental documents and activities are performed in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures as applicable to this position, including completion of required compliance training.
- Actively cross sells other bank products, such as; all commercial products, treasury management, employee benefits and wealth management services to build deep banking relationships.
- Becomes active in the community through membership in business organizations, community events and/or non-profit organizations where one can be in a position to advance the reputation of the Bank.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to apply logical or scientific thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
- Ability to perform complex numerical calculations..
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals technical instructions, general business correspondence and/or journals or government regulations
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in small and large group situations, to customers, clients and other employees in the organization.
Education and/or Experience
- BS/BA degree in business, accounting, finance or related field required, or
- 3-5 years of loan experience, including multiple years of credit review and administrative experience.
Other Qualifications (including physical requirements)
- Knowledge of Database, Spreadsheet, Word processing and appropriate banking software.
Equal Employment Opportunity Information: Simmons First National Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of equal employment with respect to a person's race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, covered veterans, military status, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected classifications. Simmons First National Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to Affirmative Action Programs consisting of results-oriented procedures to ensure equal employment opportunities. These programs require positive action in lieu of neutral non-discrimination and merit hiring/performance policies.