It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
The Appraisal Specialist II (Reviewer) supports the valuation process of consumer real estate lending and asset monitoring. The individual must ensure the appropriate valuation ordered meets required federal regulations related to Interagency Guidelines, USPAP, FIRREA, and current Credit Policyby performing compliance reviews on all consumer real estate appraisal reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviewer must have Regulatory knowledge so that the individual can understand, interpret, and apply federal regulations related to real estate valuation; therefore, knowledge of all applicable regulations is required.
- Reviewer examines consumer real estate appraisal report for completeness, accuracy, adequacy, relevance, reasonableness, and compliance with USPAP, FIRREA, Federal Regulations, and Simmons Bank Credit Policy.
- Reviewer looks for inconsistencies and errors throughout the report to communicate any noted errors and inconsistencies to the appraiser so they may be resolved in a revised report.
- Reviewer possesses the necessary skills to communicate with appraisers and various areas of the bank effectively.
- Reviewer performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must perform each essential duty satisfactorily with little to no supervision after training. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, general business correspondence, and/or journals or government regulations
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports and/or legal documents
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to write routine reports and business correspondence to represent the Appraisal Department and Simmons Bank in a professional manner
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees in the organization
- 2-4 years' appraisal-related experience
- Computer Skillsto include MS Office programs
Licenses or Certifications and Qualifications
- State Registered Trainee, License, or Certification is preferred.
- Completion of USPAP, Appraisal Principals and Appraisal Procedures is preferred.
- Qualifications include 2-4 years' experience in consumer real estate-related positions, state registered trainee, or a registered real estate appraiser.
- HS Diploma/GED is required.
- Bachelor's in Real Estate, Business, or related fields is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Information: Simmons First National Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of equal employment with respect to a person's race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, covered veterans, military status, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected classifications. Simmons First National Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to Affirmative Action Programs consisting of results-oriented procedures to ensure equal employment opportunities. These programs require positive action in lieu of neutral non-discrimination and merit hiring/performance policies.