The Cashier helps to ensure that every guest who enters the museum has a positive experience. They are knowledgeable about the museum, current and future exhibits and programs, and of proper customer service, cash handling, and reporting procedures. Work as both cashiers in the museum and its gift shop. The Cashier is a vital member of the AMSE and is generally a visitor's first point of contact with the Museum.Essential Functions
- Greet all guests in a friendly and professional manner and share information enthusiastically with visitors.
- Complete routine tasks such as opening and closing cash registers, selling admission tickets and memberships, maintaining a clean, orderly work environment and visitor area.
- Provide accurate information about the Museum, the Oak Ridge National Laboratory and its campus, and the surrounding area to visitors. They convey a professional, courteous and helpful attitude to visitors and colleagues.
- Perform cashiering, guest interaction, collaboration with all museum departments, opening and closing the facilities, and keeping current on all museum policies, specials, promotions, coupons, and changes.
- May assist with special events.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Possesses basic mathematical skills and effective communication skills.
- Must be able to complete cash and credit card transactions, and provide change to customers.
- Must be capable of accurately closing out a shift, balancing a till, and logging payments.
- Must be comfortable in interacting with visitors on a daily basis.
- Must have strong customer service skills, ability to multitask and maintain composure under stressful conditions, good general computer skills, must be organized, self-motivated, proactive, and reliable.
- Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Six months cashiering experience or one year providing customer service.
Oakridge, Tennessee, United States
Afognak Native Corporation, Alutiiq LLC and their subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.