The department this internship falls under, has engineering systems responsibilities for weapons and ammo handling, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuels, fire suppression, blast attenuating seating, integrating and shock mounting of electronic displays/boxes, gearboxes, steering and braking to name several.
Summer intern will perform activities in any one or more of the following areas:
-Assist and work with Engineers, Project Leads, Section Managers and Department Managers on various assignments/projects related to the Stryker and Specialty Wheeled Vehicles (SSWV) line of business.
-Support various projects by doing analysis & design, drawing mark-ups, tolerance stacks and source data assistance, writing Material procurement requests and/or shop requests, chasing parts and participating in design hardware fit-checks, report writing and other general engineering activities.
-Provide support to Prototype and Production vehicle build and follow-up, technical corrective action formulation, troubleshooting and redesign activities.
-Present design concepts and program status to functional and program management.
-Must be pursuing a Bachelors degree in an Engineering / Software Engineering discipline. Computer Science or Electrical Engineering majors are preferred.
-Candidate must have attained Sophomore status (completed Freshman requirements)
-Candidate must be 18 years old
- Must be a U.S. Person (i.e. a lawful permanent resident of the U.S.)
- Candidate must currently be attending an accredited university or college and enrolled in an undergraduate program
- Candidate must preferably have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- Candidate must successfully pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
- The Intern must be able to complete a minimum of a 3 month assignment and work full time for the duration of the program.
- Basic Fluid Power, hydraulics, pneumatic and overall mechanical system understanding
- Strong mathematical and mechanical problem solving skills
- Knowledgeable of prototype and production manufacturing techniques and processes for the design of components and sub assemblies
- Basic understanding of GD&T
- Knowledge of Pro-E, Pro-Mechanica, UG NX desirable
- Strong communications skills both written and verbal, and the ability to interact with all organizational levels
- Must be able to work in a shop environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.General Dynamics Land Systems is committed to working with and providing accommodations to individuals with a disability. Candidates who require a reasonable accommodation due to disability for any part of the application or hiring process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Determination of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.