A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with
people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and
teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on
and solve together, you'll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a
difference and be proud of the work you do every
About the Role
As a member of our team, your primary role will be to provide support for the Program Management team with Manufacturing, Quality Improvement, and Customer Management support within the Automotive Division.
What You Will Do
- Support Product Validation and Software Development Engineers
- Testing and validation activities on bench set ups for Harman head units and Amplifiers
- Support Program Managers with day-to-day program activities as needed
- Implement and maintain test scripts to ensure automated test applies to all programs.
- Design and implement software test libraries.
- Perform software and hardware verification.
- Perform exploratory testing.
- Assist customer or developers to debug issues.
- Maintain/update defects database with a defect tracking tool.
- Support customer demos and test drive events.
What You Need
- Must be currently enrolled in a bachelor's degree program at an accredited institution having completed your Sophomore year or later, taking at least one class in the semester/quarter prior to participation in the internship program and returning to school for at least one semester upon completion of the internship program
- Must have a cumulative 3.0 GPA
- Must have taken courses in Computer Engineering/Computer Science / Electrical Engineering, specially computer programming
- Must be eager to develop new skills sets such as problem solving capability
- Able to communicate and articulate their thoughts clearly
- Able to work collaboratively with good interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Additional consideration will be given to those who have used Python either in school projects or during self-learning time
What Makes You Eligible
- Be willing to work in an office in Novi, MI
- Successfully complete a background investigation and drug screen as a condition of employment
- Must provide own housing and transportation to/from work
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability from May 23, 2022 through August 12, 2022 and be able to work 40 hours per week depending on workload
What We Offer
- Access to employee discounts on world-class HARMAN/Samsung products (JBL, Harman Kardon, AKG, etc.)
- Professional development opportunities through HARMAN University's business and leadership academies
- Flexible work schedule with a culture encouraging work-life integration and collaboration in a global environment
- An inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters and encourages professional and personal development
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work
environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and
competitive compensation. ()